Monday, June 7, 2010

What Happen Aboutfakku!

Marathon of olive trees: Third Category

Back to Ostuni to redeem the forced absence from Barincorsa (see below) and the mockery of Barletta. There is no doubt ... I got a real revenge.
Race start: 17:30 afternoon (I do not run from a life in the afternoon). Temperature: 30 degrees (until the day before yesterday seemed to autumn). Perfect reception and you will say, thanks to the impeccable organization. A path I'd say one in Italy. Fascinating for the crossing of beautiful country roads (dirt and sometimes scented twigs) shaded by lustful old olive trees. Refreshment and sponge stations will have to greatly relieved the sudden warm down over the sea in Puglia.
then I start with the idea of \u200b\u200bnot losing sight of the clock and 35 pacemakers. For the first two miles the pace is sent and lope round. Under four minutes and thirty km. The balloons hour and thirty-five are behind me. I decide to wait and I do reach the fourth km. Too fast pace because of the variables in my favor.
Master in having to deal with the race experience, I keep at a distance control from the balloons that now, at 10 °, are 100 yards ahead. Also because so far the path has been a slight and steady climb. On lap
mark of a stretch of dirt road invites me to a wedding. After 1 km on the country road began to assume a slow down and inviting. I was able to retrieve the effort of pushing the last 7 km. Under 4:30 pace, not at all stifled by the heat, I reach the service road that leads straight to the finish. The pacemaker 35 and the time always in full view before me. Sometimes it seems to me to join them. With the rhythm of the perfect long-distance rider, despite the sun setting blind us, cover the last mile to 4:30. Through the busy town along the harbor to almost touch the sea. Back in the final stretch, I see the sign of 21, but definitely not the goal appears to be at 97 meters, but at least 200 meters. Friends confirmed with Garmin In fact, the difference in distance.
End time: 1:36. But what counts more is the third class and deserved podium.
These steps every 5 km: 22:31


23:01 23:12 22:42

This post is unfortunately not documented by pictures of the race. I have not found any on fan sites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment